10 July 2007

I've officially reentered the World.

I worked my first job since Cornerstone today. I'm officially back to real life in the World.

I've come down from the mountain.

Now about this veil over my face... weird. I'm feeling Moses right now. Anyone else?


My job was for Alyce Designs. Another prom dress job. Prom dress & wedding dress jobs have probably comprised a good half of my total work as a model. This job was basically a repeat of the job I had two weeks ago today (the Monday of Cornerstone week). It's been a big multi-week shoot of all of their designs for next year. I was so thankful to be asked back for a second day (a.k.a. another month's bills paid!). That's always a good sign--when a client likes you enough to request you again. And that's where steady income comes from--repeat clients.

Sadly, I got done about the same time my train pulled out of Union Station. So I wasn't on it. And the next train to Macomb is tomorrow morning. It's not really a big deal, except that tomorrow is our third anniversary. But it's okay; I'll be home tomorrow in time for Keith's lunch break. Last year I worked all day on our anniversary (another prom dress job--ha! it's still online!). Keith drove up for the day with me and after it was over we went to Thai Bowl (one of our favorite restaurants while we were dating/engaged & I was living at/near UIC). It was fun. :) Tomorrow, I don't know what we'll do. We're tight on funds right now, so we may be forced to be creative--which will probably be super-fun!

And it's turned out to be a great evening here in Chicago, as I had a wonderful sushi dinner with Marcus and a great cup of tea at the Bourgeois Pig with Meredith; and great conversation with both of them.

2 comments:

nataliemma said...

hehe nice prom pics! Congrats on your second job and happy early anniversary. I was just thinking today that I have to remember your anniversary on the 11th, so now it looks like I just remembered when I read your blog...kind of like only remembering a friend's bday when it's posted on facebook. L a m e!
Anywho, welcome back to the world. Did you just have two weeks off?! Not that I'm jealous or anything. *cough*
I wish I could have coffee with you & Meredith.
Speaking of, Charity & I may come to Chicago the weekend of the 20th just for a minibreak... would you be there?? That would rock my world. Meredith? Will you be there?

Anonymous said...

Fun speed emailing conversation today, Nat!