23 September 2007

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps.

I've recently gotten into Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. Dr. Emmanuel Bronner was a crazy revolutionary/master soap maker/Jewish German. His bio is fascinating.

I didn't know before what soap really even was, and I could not understand how the Dr. Bronner's soaps were made with simply natural oils, so I did a little research. Here, on the website is a great explanation. Honestly, after learning about it, I don't know how soap could get any better than this.

Also, here's a video about their recent effort to get all of the olive oil they use in their soaps from organic & fair trade sources in the Holy Land.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My roommate and I both use Dr. Bronner's! I've been using the Tea Tree Oil for a while, but recently discovered my love for Peppermint. Which is your favorite?

Anonymous said...

crazy! that's exactly my story: i started w/ tea tree oil and now i'm using peppermint.

i still have a little bottle of the tea tree oil soap by the sink that i use for face washing (as tea tree oil is a great natural cure for breakouts). i love using the peppermint for morning showers, though. it truly "creates an exhilarating tingly-cool body space and increases vitality and clarity".

T. Brandon Lane said...

Weird, I definately feel, while it might be neutral to the earth, that dr. bronner's is just sooooo weak. doesn't seem to get many jobs done. . . :(

Anonymous said...

what kind of jobs are you referring to?

MeredithJoy said...

I just used the peppermint on my face this morning.
Delish!

I need to try the tea tree oil though.

Does Faith work on Wednesdays? I was thinking we should make appointments with her if possible for makeup on the 3rd!

Anonymous said...

YES. let's. do you want to call, or should i?

MeredithJoy said...

would you? I can't find her card now. Whenever you think is good.

Anonymous said...

well, it gets all of MY jobs done, so I'll stick with it.

are you a liquid or bar user?

i use both, but think i prefer bar tea tree oil and liquid peppermint.

the clarity and vitality i've been experiencing is truly unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

LOL.

yes. truly.

i'm actually the opposite right now: bar peppermint and liquid tea tree oil.

MeredithJoy said...

I have been using the peppermint on my face and it has been clearing up quite nicely. I bet the tea tree oil works even better but the peppermint makes me all tingly!