09 November 2007

The biggest news of my career.

I have gotten a one-line role in the feature film Eagle Eye.

!!!!!

I don't know where this came from.

Except God.

The audition was Monday, I got the call saying that I booked it Monday afternoon, the wardrobe fitting was Tuesday, and I'm shooting it tomorrow.

My character is a girl riding on the el train in Chicago. One of the main characters, played by Shia Labeouf, is sketching a picture of me. When he hands me the picture he's drawn, I say "What about the rest of me?" because it's incomplete. I think he has to cut off the drawing because he realizes he's being followed/chased. That's because he's been unjustly framed as a terrorist. The movie is a terrorist thriller. It's being produced by Steven Spielberg. He also wrote the story. The release date is in October 2008.

This is my first acting job ever. And it's a speaking part in a feature film. And I'm basically playing myself: I am the "girl on train" in real life. (Every time I go to Chicago I spent 7 hours round trip on Amtrak, not to mention taking the El all around Chicago once I'm there.) That's who I am! I do not think I could have dreamed up a more perfect entrance into the acting world. Even if this is the first and last acting job ever: how amazing.

On Tuesday after the wardrobe fitting I had to meet up with the director so that he could take some photos of me to sent to the sketch artists in L.A. for them to get the portrait ready to use in the scene.

Is this seriously happening?

This whole process has felt so spirit-led. This is not about me. I am no one. All the glory is God's. I am his.

3 comments:

Chad said...

Wow. Wow. I mean - you've already been on Oprah, so this is the next logical step... I'm glad we're not splitting up your roles by name now. Lindsay the person, Corinn the model, L. the actor (I know...privacy concerns).

I tried to buy the ticket for opening night today - apparently they're not selling tickets yet.

T. Brandon Lane said...

lindsay corinn, lets talk sometime. please.

Abby said...

So, So excited for you...what is it all like? Can you share details?