16 May 2007

Exhaling.

I've visited 5 agencies over the past two days. In order: New York Models, Elite, Wilhemina, Trump, Next. My visits are over now.

Now I wait...

I should hear back in the next couple of days.

Keith and I met up with an amazing girl, another model who also started with Elite Chicago and has been working out here for five years or so. We had been in contact via email last fall, but hadn't met in person until today. And we discovered that we're both Christians! And she does nutritional/holistic counseling! We had so much in common, it was almost scary. I'm sooo thankful for meeting her. I guess she would be my new best friend in NY. ;)

Marcus, Shanna, and we went out to an Italian place across the river in New Jersey tonight. Ahh...it was so good. I was celebrating being done with my agency visits. Fettuccine with mushrooms, olive oil, and lots of garlic, and an espresso martini. Oh my goodness, it was so good.

We've done a lot of walking around the city and are starting to get a handle on Manhattan south of Central Park.

We
love
it.

If we get the opportunity, we will move here in a heartbeat.

(But Macomb/Bushnell will always be home and we'll always miss it and come back often.)

Tomorrow morning we're going to check out Central Park. And we want to buy doughnuts or bagels from one of those street vendors.

Last night: The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Awesome. Keith loves musicals. Loves them. And I think it's so adorable.

In Psalm 31 David tells God, "my times are in your hands." That's the phrase I've been repeating all day. He knows and controls how this all goes.

1 comment:

nataliemma said...

Hey Linny! So you've moved to blogspot, eh? Interesting. I started one a while ago to keep up with a friend, but forgot about it. Maybe we can be blogspot buddies. Can you "subscribe" or have "friends" on blogspot? I had no idea you were even considering moving to NYC! That'd be awesome. Remember my old e- and pen-pal, Hannah Eddy? She's in NYC. She called me very randomly Tuesday night. She's awesome. I'd love it if you moved to NYC - how crazy! I'd miss you being close, but well, it's not like we really see each other much :( Ho hum. Keep in touch, <3, nattie