08 October 2007

The Crossing Macomb.









I've been waiting in anticipation for The Crossing to finally open here in Macomb. It's a church plant out of Quincy, IL, and they have been working on their Macomb campus for over a year now. They bought the old Thompson Food Basket building at Jackson & Wigwam (see above) and have given it an extreme makeover. Yesterday was their first service.

I am thanking God. It is a new, fresh addition to the body of Christ here. I worshiped uninhibited in spirit and in truth. I was taught the word of God in a powerful, pertinent way. I had communion with my brothers & sisters. The leaders felt genuine. The people were excited. I'm thanking God.

Keith was at a soccer game @ MSU yesterday, and he won't have a Sunday off for another few weeks, but he is so excited to check it out as soon as he can.

My prayer is that this new addition to the Church in Macomb will bring a fresh movement of the Spirit, and that it will not be about The Crossing but the glory of GOD. As we sang in worship there yesterday, "Not to us, but to your name be the glory." The Crossing is new and different and fresh and young for Macomb, but I pray that they will be unified with the rest of the body and that we would all work together for the glory of God.

"Not to us, but to your name be the glory."

6 comments:

T. Brandon Lane said...

So, saturday, the recylcery had a bike drive at a green living convention here in chi-town, and the booth next to us was Dr. Bronner's magic soaps. They were giving out free samples of soaps. So at the end of the convention, there had tons left over, so we picked up several little bottles of the peppermint and the almond soaps. I have to say, while i'm still not impressed with their strength for household cleaning, you're right, it is quite refreshing to be bathed in those wonderful smells. :)

nataliemma said...

Neato! The Crossing... how great. We are going thru Philippians at the Journey and our Pastor, Darrin, was talking about how most of our persecution in America seems to come from Christians. Darrin and the whole church planting team, and all of the Acts 29 network has mostly been fighting off Christians.. the left doesn't like how they hold onto the Bible as truth so much, but when they see how they live out the gospel in real acts for the poor and hurting, they sit down and are like "OK." But the worst, of course, are those to the right who just tear him and the new church apart in their blogging, but no one has asked to sit down and talk about what he's doing and why he's doing it. He longs for an end to the striving. But until then, he clings to Jesus to show him the way of gentleness and understanding and resolution. Why the division? What happened to "in all things unity"? It makes me so sad.

MeredithJoy said...

I don't think I can because I have to be back for Sunday. :o(
unless you guys were planning to get back before then.

I am so so happy that it went well.
Did you take those pictures or are they found?

Miss you already! Would you mind e-mailing me that pic of the two of us before leaving the apartment?
I think its the only full length we got.
That is until the new Chicago Social comes out! :o)

nataliemma said...

Put the pic on facebook - I wanna see! :)

MeredithJoy said...

I posted some of them. Unfortunately a really cute one of us on the L I was playing with and then it didn't ssave the original just the edited one. I didn't know memory cards could do that!
But really none of them do justice to how beautiful lindsay looked!

Anonymous said...

oh stop! ;)

actually the one on my camera cuts off at the waist, i think... :(

i will email it to you as soon as i get it on my computer--very soon i hope!