26 December 2011

"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you."

Lately I'm so aware of how the gospel can be offensive.

Part of me really wants to think that if only people could see Jesus for who he truly is, nothing could stop them from loving him. But then I remember that he walked the earth, and people did see him, unhindered, for who he is. And many hated him, and maybe worse, many were apathetic toward him. Even after he rose from the dead. He also assured his followers that people would hate them.

So, who am I to think that if I could only give people a clearer picture of Jesus, they would surely embrace him? I am called to give people a clear picture of Jesus. But I need to let go of my expectations of how they will respond. And I certainly should not measure myself by people's responses.

2 comments:

MaryBeth Lillian said...

Amen. Thanks for those words, girl.

Sam said...

Hey Lindsay ...

I just seen Eagle Eye .. it's 2008, right ... ?

Nice to see you there, although just for a second :)

Hope someday I can see your other films ... please inform me.